Purchase your online ticket at the best price and avoid queues
A DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE
The Nerja Cave: one of the most spectacular caves in Spain. Declared a Site of Cultural Interest in 2006, it is a natural wonder that always beckons a return visit.
NERJA CAVE NERJA CAVE NERJA CAVE NERJA CAVE NERJA CAVE NERJA CAVE NERJA CAVE NERJA CAVE NERJA CAVE NERJA CAVE NERJA CAVE NERJA CAVE NERJA CAVE NERJA CAVE NERJA CAVE NERJA CAVE NERJA CAVE NERJA CAVE NERJA CAVE NERJA CAVE NERJA CAVE NERJA CAVE NERJA CAVE NERJA CAVE NERJA CAVE NERJA CAVE NERJA CAVE NERJA CAVE NERJA CAVE NERJA CAVE NERJA CAVE NERJA CAVE NERJA CAVE
Click on this button for a full breakdown of our rates.
CAVE RULES AND SERVICES
The Nerja Cave has specific visitation and conservation rules. Additionally, the site is equipped with extensive facilities that complement the visit to the cave.
Visit and Conservation Guidelines
By purchasing a ticket, you affirm that you have read and accepted the visitation guidelines and regulations. The Nerja Cave is a valuable Cultural and Natural Heritage, classified as an Asset of Cultural Interest. In order for it to be enjoyed by future generations as it is now, strict conservation standards must be maintained: lighting levels must be kept low, and it must close early to the public, to allow the air inside to regenerate.
- We recommend the use of closed shoes with non-slip soles.
- Access with flip-flops is prohibited.
- The general lighting of the cave is dim. It cannot be illuminated further for conservation reasons of the cavity. Please walk very carefully.
- If you enter with inappropriate footwear, you do so at your own strict responsibility.
- Access with children under 6 years of age is carried out under the strict responsibility of parents or guardians, who must ensure their safety and proper behavior.
- The cave has several uneven areas that are overcome with just over 400 steps.
- Entry with baby strollers and wheelchairs is prohibited.
- The average temperature inside the cave is 19ºC (66ºF). Warm clothing is not necessary.
- Touching or altering the geological formations is not allowed.
- The cave paintings cannot be shown for conservation reasons; they are extremely fragile.
- Respect the cave’s own fauna. Some species are endemic.
- Eating or drinking inside the cave is not allowed.
- Do not leave any trash behind during your visit; remember, it is a protected site of high value.
- Photography without flash is allowed.
- The use of tripods, selfie sticks, laser pointers, or flashlights is not allowed.
- Do not raise your voice during the visit, respect other visitors.
- Any activity that implies the deterioration of the cave or its infrastructure is prohibited.
- Please keep up with the group: do not advance ahead of the group in front of you or fall behind the group you belong to.
- Pets are not allowed (except for assistance dogs).
- Any inappropriate behavior will result in a ban from entry or immediate expulsion from the visit.
Adjacent to the cave entrance, there is a large restaurant where visitors can enjoy delicious cuisine while taking in unbeatable views. The restaurant currently complies with the existing regulations regarding protocols established to combat Covid-19. It features a bar-café service and buffet, as well as a spectacular panoramic terrace with wonderful views of the Mediterranean, the mountains, and the towns of Maro and Nerja.
There is a lovely picnic area, surrounded by beautiful gardens and fully equipped, which can be freely used by visitors to relax, rest, have some refreshments, or enjoy the playful squirrels scampering among the pine tree tops.
At the Nerja Cave, we have a children’s playground near the picnic area.
Spanning 400 square meters, it features a variety of fun and modern wooden play equipment. Children can engage in numerous activities, allowing the youngest family members to have as much fun as they want while engaging in physical activity, which is highly beneficial for their development. Additionally, this playground is equipped with all the necessary safety measures for everyone’s peace of mind.
Explore the Nerja Cave Pedestrian Trail
Immerse yourself in the beauty of Andalusia through our Pedestrian Trail. A magical walk that leads you through whispers of history and dazzling panoramas of the Mediterranean. Designed for everyone, this path invites you to connect with nature and discover captivating landscapes at every step.
- Sensations at Every Step: The breeze, the song of birds, the scent of flora.
- Breathtaking Views: Rock formations and viewpoints that demand to be photographed.
- Accessible to All: A peaceful stroll with rest areas and informative spots.
- Natural Connection: A space for reflection and admiration.
- Culture and Nature: The trail is just the beginning; the adventure continues inside the cave.
Come and let each step reveal a new horizon. The adventure awaits you!
NATURE ROUTES AT NERJA CAVE
Nerja Cave-Almijara Trail. This is a route that starts from the cave complex and leads to the surrounding mountains. Passing behind the monument to the discoverers, a marked itinerary begins along the path, offering a simple route suitable for the whole family. It’s a highly recommended option for enjoying nature, the wonderful mountains surrounding the cave, and the pure air of La Axarquía.
Walk through the Inner Gardens of the Nerja Cave Complex. Another option is to stroll through the gardens of the Cave complex, up to the Hermitage of San Isidro, built on the walls of the old cemetery of Maro, constructed in the mid-19th century. On the walls of the hermitage, there remain the remnants of curious engravings from that era, apparently made by shepherds. Every year, on May 15, the pilgrimage of San Isidro, one of the most popular local festivals, is celebrated at the Nerja Cave complex. On this day, the cave remains closed to the public.
Detunda-Nerja Cave Botanical Garden. From the cave complex, visitors can also access an extensive botanical garden, showcasing species from both Málaga and Granada, inhabiting the mountains that make up this unique area of the Natural Park Sierras de Tejeda, Almijara, and Alhama.
Pedestrian Itinerary to Maro. Visitors can also enjoy a walk through a pedestrian route among gardens and mountains. This path is located at the rear of the Nerja Cave complex – next to the botanical garden – and runs along the upper part of this garden towards the town of Maro. It connects them through a modern walkway, which is located over the Mediterranean highway.
The complex features a large parking area, with capacity for 300 vehicles (cars, caravans, buses), located just a few meters away from the entrance to the Cave. It is a pay-on-exit parking facility.
In the Nerja Cave complex, there is now a designated parking area for your bicycle, completely free of charge. It is located at the roundabout once you enter the complex, opposite the Luggage Storage.
Plaza of the Discoverers
The Plaza of the Discoverers is a space dedicated to the five local youths who, in their search for bats in 1959, discovered the Nerja Cave. This place not only honors their discovery but also serves as a meeting point for visitors venturing into the depths of the cave, where prehistoric past and geological wonders come to life. The plaza is a living tribute to curiosity and the spirit of exploration that continues to inspire all who visit this natural treasure.
The Nerja Cave offers a unique educational experience with workshops designed for schools and groups. In this interactive space, students immerse themselves in prehistory and geology through hands-on activities that stimulate curiosity and a love for learning. It is an opportunity for young explorers to discover the secrets of the cave and get inspired by the science and history held within the ancient rock formations.
Visit our souvenir shop and choose from a selection of local crafts, cave-inspired jewelry, and educational books. Each item is an echo of the wonder and magic of the Nerja Cave, perfect for commemorating your trip or as a gift for your loved ones. Discover the ideal souvenir that captures the essence of your experience in this unique place.
At the Nerja Cave, we offer an unforgettable photography experience. Seize the opportunity to capture your visit with a professional photograph inside this natural wonder. Our photography service allows visitors to take home a unique and personal memento of their adventure in the cave.
After your tour, visit our photography sales point to select and purchase your photo, a treasure that will always accompany you as a reminder of your journey to the Nerja Cave.
Our restroom area is equipped to ensure that your visit is comfortable and convenient. Maintained with utmost cleanliness and equipped with modern facilities, they are accessible so you can resume your exploration of the cave feeling fresh and rejuvenated.
HOW TO GET THERE